We are currently looking for a
Part Time Evening Receptionist
This is a person with energy, self-motivation, high ethical standards, who is compassionate and thorough. Someone who has excellent skills dealing with people. Must have the ability to be organized, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced workday. We practice the "team player" concept. MUST be available Monday - Friday at 3 pm until closing. Also includes an all day shift on alternating Saturdays.
Duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Unlock Employee door upon arrival
- Get cash drawers from Bookkeepers office
- Print and pull all appointments for the next day
- Check to see if all surgery paperwork is in order for incoming surgeries
- Open all the exam rooms
- Put down clean floor mats
- Turn on all computers
- Spray Feliway towels
- Retrieve all messages on voice mail and answer appropriately
- Print lab Log for prior day
- Cross reference incoming lab results to lab log.
- Pull all charts for lab work received
- Record all lab results and distribute to appropriate doctors.
- 2 receptionists enter Phone room we turn phones over at 8am and answer all incoming phone calls to the hospital.
- Continue to check in and check out all clients for the day while preparing new appointments that have been added thought the day.
- Phone room – Takes messages, fills prescriptions, makes appointments, any doctor call backs, Call negative results, Reminders phone calls to all appointments for the next day.
- Print and collate fold and stuff all vaccination reminders.
- Get authorization on any prescription refills from doctors.
- Online pharmacy requests pull and process
- Notify all staff of emergencies and their estimated time of arrival
- Set aside exam room or location for any euthanasia
- Deliver any client messages to doctors
- Prepare ashes to be dispensed to owners.
- Dispense medication
- Count medication
- Relay questions and answers to clients at desk
- Give and discuss coupons and rebates
- Take money at check out
- Count money at end of day
- Lock doors
- Check appointments
- File all records
- Empty garbage cans
- Fill fax paper
- Clean & dust reception area
- Turn over phones
- Vacuum reception area
- Sweep lobby
- Pull call backs
- Turn off all computers
- Sympathy cards
- Check any lab work vs charges for Antech
- Check any fecal tests vs charges
- Stock cremation area
- Check and submit Heartgard and Frontline rebates
- Make sure all prescriptions are accounted for in the Controlled substance log
- Check Urine test vs charges
- File inactive and deceased
- Scan and copy any records or fax an email to other facilities
- Respond to client e-mails
- Copy brochures/in hospital forms
- Fax and email records
- Monitor lost and found book
- We are full hospital communicators
- Assess lobby for long waiting clients.
- Call rx refills into outside pharmacies
- Make boarding reservations
- Check vaccinations for boarding
- Check in and out pets from boarding
- Make, change and cancel appointments
- Bring all fecal and urine samples to lab
- Get stock on food and prepare for client pick up
- Stock all hw and flea and tick supplies in the reception area
- Clean any urine or feces in the reception area
- Assist with DOA pets.
- Pick up floor mats at night.
- Client education
- Record any conversations with clients in record or notepad
- Attend monthly educational staff meetings
- Education: High School Graduate
- Experience: No prior experience necessary
- Skills: Basic typing and computer skills a must
- Ability to handle multi-line phone system
- Physical Effort: Standing, bending, lifting and carrying up to 40lbs of pet food are all required in the job. Primary job station is in the reception / scheduling area with frequent travel to other parts of the hospital
- Hours of work: Minimum of 3 days of week. Monday through Friday from 3:00pm till Closing. Saturdays 7:00am till Closing. Some Holiday Work required. (3pm start time non negotiable.)
- Other : Working knowledge of veterinary terms helpful
If you are interested in the above position please apply in person. Or send your resume to the Reception Managers, Emily or Charlene.
Our E-mail address: Reception@burnthillsvethosp.com
US-Mail: Burnt Hills Veterinary Hospital
145 Goode Street
Burnt Hills, NY 12027
Fax Number 518-399-3370