We are currently looking for a
Part Time Evening Receptionist
Summary: This is a person with energy, self-motivation, high ethical standards, who is thoughtful, compassionate, thorough & has a good sense of humor. Someone who has excellent skills dealing with people. Ensures Client oriented, courteous and thorough communications with clients. Holds full knowledge of heartworm and flea and tick products for educating our clients. This individual is required to look for additional jobs as part time permits & should demonstrate good problem solving abilities. Must have the ability to be organized & prioritize a multi-tasked fast passed workday & practice the “team player” concept.
Duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Unlock Employee door upon arrival
- Get cash drawers from Bookkeepers office
- Print and pull all appointments for the next day
- Check to see if all surgery paperwork is in order for incoming surgeries
- Open all the exam rooms
- Put down clean floor mats
- Turn on all computers
- Spray Feliway towels
- Retrieve all messages on voice mail and answer appropriately
- Print lab Log for prior day
- Cross reference incoming lab results to lab log.
- Pull all charts for lab work received
- Record all lab results and distribute to appropriate doctors.
- 2 receptionists enter Phone room we turn phones over at 8am and answer all incoming phone calls to the hospital.
- Continue to check in and check out all clients for the day while preparing new appointments that have been added thought the day.
- Phone room – Takes messages, fills prescriptions, makes appointments, any doctor call backs, Call negative results, Reminders phone calls to all appointments for the next day.
- Print and collate fold and stuff all vaccination reminders.
- Get authorization on any prescription refills from doctors.
- Online pharmacy requests pull and process
- Notify all staff of emergencies and their estimated time of arrival
- Set aside exam room or location for any euthanasia
- Deliver any client messages to doctors
- Prepare ashes to be dispensed to owners.
- Dispense medication
- Count medication
- Relay questions and answers to clients at desk
- Give and discuss coupons and rebates
- Take money at check out
- Count money at end of day
- Lock doors
- Check appointments
- File all records
- Empty garbage cans
- Fill fax paper
- Clean & dust reception area
- Turn over phones
- Vacuum reception area
- Sweep lobby
- Pull call backs
- Turn off all computers
- Sympathy cards
- Check any lab work vs charges for Antech
- Check any fecal tests vs charges
- Stock cremation area
- Check and submit Heartgard and Frontline rebates
- Make sure all prescriptions are accounted for in the Controlled substance log
- Check Urine test vs charges
- File inactive and deceased
- Scan and copy any records or fax an email to other facilities
- Respond to client e-mails
- Copy brochures/in hospital forms
- Fax and email records
- Monitor lost and found book
- We are full hospital communicators
- Assess lobby for long waiting clients.
- Call rx refills into outside pharmacies
- Make boarding reservations
- Check vaccinations for boarding
- Check in and out pets from boarding
- Make, change and cancel appointments
- Bring all fecal and urine samples to lab
- Get stock on food and prepare for client pick up
- Stock all hw and flea and tick supplies in the reception area
- Clean any urine or feces in the reception area
- Assist with DOA pets.
- Pick up floor mats at night.
- Client education
- Record any conversations with clients in record or notepad
- Attend monthly educational staff meetings
- Education: High School Graduate
- Experience: No prior experience necessary
- Skills: Basic typing and computer skills a must
- Ability to handle multi-line phone system
- Physical Effort: Standing, bending, lifting and carrying up to 40lbs of pet food are all required in the job. Primary job station is in the reception / scheduling area with frequent travel to other parts of the hospital
- Hours of work: Minimum of 3 days of week. Monday through Friday from 3:00pm till Closing. Saturdays 7:00am till Closing. Some Holiday Work required. (3pm start time non negotiable.)
- Other : Working knowledge of veterinary terms helpful
If you are interested in the above position please apply in person. Or send your resume to the Reception Managers, Emily or Charlene.
Our E-mail address: Reception@burnthillsvethosp.com
US-Mail: Burnt Hills Veterinary Hospital
145 Goode Street
Burnt Hills, NY 12027
Fax Number 518-399-3370